Friday, March 4, 2011

Late in the Eve

I write this quite late at night, about to bed. I had a number of assigned, lowly tasks to see to tonight which kept me from this journal, but I took those as challenges to see how I could accomplish everything I needed.
First, when I arrived last night, as many of you may know, the cook was absent. So I had to choose between going to the tavern or finding my own food. I cooked a pheasant in a southern rub, with egg dough noodles and pheasant drippings. I also had some corn in my wares, and heated it up alongside.
For today I cannot claim such a feat in food, having traveled to the tavern in celebration of an extra special assignment I received for tomorrow. Directly after I had to run to the local shoppe and then do my wash. When I finally returned home, it was late, but I had to put my clothes away in an orderly fashion. So I decided to tackle the dancing badge right away, and I danced while putting my clothes into their hanging positions. I doubled the time I would have normally spent on the dancing in case I got distracted with clothes and half-reared my task.
I also spent time playing with the barn cats while my clothes were soaking, and it was much appreciated by them.
-Zilya

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! At home, our cook used to make something very similar with biscuits and gravy. I'd love to get your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the purposes of xp, how long did you dance, and how long did you play with the barn cats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 minutes alone, after wards I had to entertain another student!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing and barn cats? Seems like quite a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete