Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday

I spoke to a local zen master and he warned me about attaining balance. I didn't understand what he meant until I knocked over a couple of his clay pots. Thankfully they were sturdy enough to undergo my clumsiness. Seeing the wisdom of this master, I sat down with him and discussed a plan for balance. He wanted me to focus on what I put into my body as a means of keeping myself level, first and foremost, so since our meeting I've been keeping in mind the portions we discussed- 6 glasses of water, 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, 2 meats, 3 dairy, and 6 grains.

He also insisted that we lead through a half an hour of yoga, though he allowed me to use my game as a guide. When we were done, in the mind of balance, I decided to remove the stink of yoga-sissy by partaking in some boxing and swordplay, also for a half an hour. When I completed this, I realized I could take on the challenge and rescue the ring from the greedy shopkeeper (not affiliated with our proud school, of course). I am excited to see the powers endowed by this ring and the Ogre teeth that Biirna and I found yesterday at Gym.

We'll see how my course of balance progresses, while I'm balancing it with my activities and the Headmaster's challenges. Hopefully, it will become natural with time.

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah on your victory with the shopkeep! Many congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete